Sunday, November 8, 2009

Beachbody...my journey

As most of you know by my posts I have recently started working out and am loving my results. I wanted to tell you all a little bit about my story.

Just a few months ago I was becoming a really unhappy person. I was not loving my working environment (loved the actual job, not the conditions) I was putting on weight and actually got heavier than the weight I was when I went into labor with my second child. I was getting depressed and it showed.

Big changes came over the next month. I started working from home, therefore improving my working conditions. I started cooking at home more..began slowly improving my diet....and eased my way into working out again.

Then in Sept my life changed in a way I never expected. I started working out to Slim in 6, a Beachbody product that promises to change your body in 6 weeks. Well, I have two weeks to go and I'm already a different person.

Change doesn't come easy, and anyone who tells you it does is fooling you. Step one of the Slim in 6 process, taking before pictures. THE HARDEST THING in the world is looking at those pictures. It isn't so much the fat rolls and extra weight that really bothered me...but the REASON I had those fat rolls and weight. It was the physical proof of the way I've been feeling. The proof I couldn't ignore any longer.

So I took on the challenge. The workouts are hard, they require focus and dedication and follow through. Some days I didn't feel like doing them, but I did. I pushed through the soreness and my results are proof of that. After 4 weeks I have lost 15 pounds and 25 inches over my body. 2 weeks to go and I'm hoping to hit that 20 pound goal for my 6 weeks.

Slim in 6 isn't a magic potion, its hard work. The hard work doesn't end after 6 weeks. I'll keep working. I'll keep pushing to get to where I want to be. My next challenge will be ChaLEAN Extreme, a 12 week program that will have me lifting weights! I'm scared, but know that I've already conquered the hardest part. I admitted my weakness, I acknowledged that change was necessary and now I have committed to making those changes a reality.

If you feel like I felt, if your energy is low, your mood is bad and your body is not what you dream it to be...join me on my journey. We will motivate eachother!

It's not easy, but by getting up every day and pushing PLAY, I am one day closer to my goals. One day closer to my AFTER.

If this speaks to you, please email me and I'll send you my link. I'm not pushing this on anybody. I don't want to pressure you...but I feel like I've found my answer and I think it could be yours too.

Thanks everyone!!


A special thanks to my coach...love you and your support!
--Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment