Monday, November 9, 2009

My diet...

So I used to think I could diet or exercise. In all reality before having kids I could. I stayed thin, ran a lot but ate whatever I wanted. After having kids it all changed...I can't choose to diet or exercise. I have to conquer my overall health.

This quest that I'm on isn't a 6 week journey. It isn't a 12 week journey. This is my journey to leading a healthy, happy, and long life. I want to keep up with my kids, I want to try new things, I want to show my kids that their mom doesn't just go through the daily motions but that she CREATES her own happiness and makes herself a priority and that is truly living a full life.

Making small changes in my diet have brought me to this place where I can now eat really really CLEAN. I am eating 5-6 small meals per day. I have cut out all white pasta, sugar and high fat meats. The craziest thing is that I am actually enjoying the foods...I'm enjoying the flavors and I'm mostly enjoying the way that I feel because of these changes.

I have also replaced one meal per day with Shakeology. It's a Beachbody product that has over 70 healthy ingredients in it. No way I can eat that healthy on my own so I feel its the perfect compliment to my ever improving diet. So far I've only tried the chocolate one and I love it. I do it blended with water, ice, natural peanut butter and banana. It's great!! If you are looking to make a healthy addition to your diet check out Shakeology. www.beachbodycoach.com/jamiemarie

This is not to say I don't enjoy my junk food....oh I do! Now instead of mindlessly eating whatever I want whenever I want- I plan my cheat meals. Yesterday I ate well all day, got my nice small meals in and had a great day...last night, I enjoyed pizza out with my family. It was planned and it was wonderful. I enjoyed every bite. I earned every bite :)

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment